[LAU] Bitwig: what we can learn from it

Esteban Viveros emviveros at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 13:33:47 UTC 2014

How I understand some points discussed here...

First point: Make music is make the kind of music wich you learn to
recognize how music (included the term "good music" at all).

Second point: Make a perfect track can be beyond make a perfect music
structure as make a good sound (included to make sound like mainstream
does).

I'm primarily a user, starting tending to developer recently, but my aims
are make music, and help to make music easily.

About the aim to make music, I'm using how first option Ableton Live9, and
it can satisfy 90% of my needs, but this software are very expensive (it
crashes with help to make music easily). But a great goals of this kind of
software, like Live or Bitwig, are the clean interface, and drag and drop
devices, witch frees the mind to create a musical or surrounding effect,
depending on the know how. If the gay is starting, they have very usefull
presets to impulse your sound. Another kind of think very important is the
community, you can find a lot of tutorials in good quality of experient
users making those tools to work well.

Discriminating items in my comments that I would separate:

  - Interface designed at work creating the sound or musical structure as
directly as possible. Here, FalkTX with KXStudio are doing a interesting
work. I think all moment in something like Claudia Launcher in some space
on the screen to select plugins, and in a first view, only drag and drop
and it work. Can be considered an initial bundle that can only do a good
sound (that good sound must be defined previously). I'm wasting long time
experimenting interfaces, and I'm only starting to think this kind of
thinks, but the primarly aim would an interface can access the stuff
already created in linux ecosystem and organize in levels of complexity,
first drag and drop, play the instruments, arrange, ou arrange and play
wethever.. and play the song. The second level would a creative
manipulation of outputs and inputs, like happens in patchbay or claudia.
and at last third at level of programation new stuffs, like pd csound
suppercollider, maybe only integrate some project of this (that's are the
most difficult part I think). It's a idea and I'm collecting know how to
implement it in some situation on the future...

  - Presets, that's a important and simple goal.  If you don't know how to
mix very well, first samples with pre-equalizations allowing loop a pre
defined structure like Drum Bass and leader synth for example sound great
only overlap. And some interesting aestetic stuff for a second level of
mix, like presets to make sound more punchy, flat or muffled. We can think
a lot of thinks here, both in quantity and when and how that amount
available.

  - Tutorials in good quality. FalkTX, Rui Nuno Capella and LazerBlade are
doing very good things accordingly. Every interface needs a time of
learning, video tutorials in my vision is a great tool to maximize learning
time.

That's some thoughts I ever have, but I can't do much because I don't have
know how to implement it, but gradually'm directing my ways for this to be
allowed.

 Esteban Viveros

(27) 98815 7170 | (11) 95761 4125

http://expurgacao.art.br/