[LAU] qjackctl bubbles

Rui Nuno Capela rncbc at rncbc.org
Sun May 11 19:36:47 UTC 2014

On 05/11/2014 07:12 PM, Peter P. wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> dear Rui,
>
> I am a happy qjackctl user. Nevertheless after more than five years I
> must say that I have already learnt that jackd will continue to run if
> I close the qjackctl main window and leave it there as system tray.
> The same goes for the bubbles that announce a problem, or the need to
> restart after doing changes.
> Is there any chance this might be addressed in a future update,
> like as a configurable option? Could one at least try to comment it
> out in the source code and recompile?

the bubbles stays there for about 5 seconds then disappear. what harm
comes from that?

and yes, one could make it there a "don't ask me again" checkboxbut one
would have to code just that from scratch--rewrite a system-tray bubble
(sub)class from the ground up--it happens that i might not be _that_
willing someone just yet

maybe there's already code out there that you can rip off yourself? it's
not jack nor audio related, it's a pure qt-gui thing cf.
QSystemTrayIcon::showMessage()

cheers
--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela