[LAU] turn your tablet into a real physical interface

Raphaël Mouneyres rmouneyres at gmail.com
Sun Nov 2 10:46:28 UTC 2014

> Knobs and sliders that you could stick onto a tablet surface would make it very easy to arrange your layout the way you wanted, instead of how the product engineer decided he or she wanted it.

That's one of the reason why I had created the Mawzer hardware controller (and other company tried other products too), but after the experience there was two conclusions :
- on the global market of controllers, les than 10% of the users are really interested in building their own layout. They are mostly power users using softwares with a similar approach (Max, Pd, Reaktor...)
- The most typical question we received on the forum was : What kind of knobs arrangement do you think is the best for xxx software ? ...

Be sure, I do believe that having a controller you can build like you want is a must, whether it is hardware or tactile+physical.
Some users are willing to pay for it, and be happy using it. But, you just can't make a revolution out of it.

Raphaël