[LAU] unsubscribed?

Chris Bannister cbannister at slingshot.co.nz
Sat Nov 8 09:50:11 UTC 2014

On Sun, Nov 02, 2014 at 01:56:03PM +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> PS: Clearly, the interaction between ISP and a mailing list could be
> disturbed, sometimes it's the bad of the mailing list and sometimes
> it's the bad of the IPS. Black hole lists, rejected emails, odd
> filters. If the disturbance reaches an annoying traffic producing
> level, then Debian list unsubscribes, while mailman lists, such as LAU
> usually disable mail delivery. IOW the ISP never unsubscribe users from
> mailing lists, the lists automagically unsubscribe their members.

Oh, I see. Thanks for the explanation. I've never been unsubscribed
automagically. I'm guessing that as far as the subscriber is concerned
there is no difference between being unsubscribed and having mail
delivery disabled. In fact, it seems that having mail delivery disabled
would be worse because the subscriber would be wondering why they
weren't receiving any list mail, they'd check to see if they were
unsubscribed find they weren't and end up in a massively confused state.

oppressing." --- Malcolm X