[LAU] encryption and performance penalty

William Light wrl at illest.net
Fri Nov 14 15:58:37 UTC 2014

I'm using luks/LVM on my Thinkpad T430s, using a -ck kernel and I've got
16Gb of RAM. I don't notice or perceive a slowdown at all, even though I
bet e.g. startup would be a little snappier without encryption on. I
haven't A/B tested it, encryption is just a prerequisite for my systems
these days, and the performance is still excellent.

-w