[LAU] Dual booting Osx / Ubuntu studio on old MacBook 1, 1(2006)...

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Mon Nov 17 22:37:28 UTC 2014

On Mon, 17 Nov 2014, Russell Hanaghan wrote:

> I'm about to retry efforts with this shortly. This time from the Ubuntu
> installer (13.10... I like how this version functions overall vs 12.04
> or 14.04 & 15.04 last tried) & and shall report back in two shakes! :)

There was one version of ubuntustudio/kubuntu where efi installs did not
work... I think it was before 13.10, but I could be wrong. The name got
changed in grub to Ubuntustudio rather than just Ubuntu and as it happens
this same variable got used for naming the efi partition/directory. The
grub name has gone back to Ubuntu in the last few releases (14.04 and
14.10 for sure)

There was a file in /etc/default/grub.d that has since been removed. it
would have the text ubuntustudio as part of the name... After a reboot and
sw update the next reboot should be ok... I think. Or remove the file and
redo grub.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net