[LAU] Generating click tracks

Grekim Jennings grekimj at acousticrefuge.com
Wed Nov 19 12:44:37 UTC 2014

Am 18.11.2014 um 22:55 schrieb Brett McCoy:
/>/
/>/      Thanks for all replies, I did not know about klick, I'll try to get
/>/      that running, sounds promising. And maybe investigate into clicktrack.
/>/
/>/      Hydrogen is, I would guess, liable to the instability of the
/>/      internal clock, and more a realtime recording than a (fast)
/>/      creation, but latter would not be a real hinderance.
/>/
/>/      SuperCollider seems a bit to advanced in usage for me, but I now
/>/      have something to start with
/>/
/>/
/>/  I think any solution you come up with is going to be dependent on some
/>/  kind of clock to generate the correct tempo and meter.
/>/
/>/  --
/>/  Brett W. McCoy --http://www.brettwmccoy.com
/>/  ------------------------------------------------------------------------
/>/  "In the rhythm of music a secret is hidden; If I were to divulge it, it
/>/  would overturn the world."
/>/       -- Jelaleddin Rumi

/I have written a click track generator, "Metronome", that outputs a wave file.  You can adjust the sound of the click and program tempo changes through a text file.
There are no options for swing type feels, but any meter is supported.  It is command line only and not open source yet.
A word of caution, if importing into Ardour be sure to change the output name to something besides click.wav.
Info:  http://www.acousticrefuge.com/mixer4_all/metronome_info.txt
Download:  http://www.acousticrefuge.com/mixer4_all/mixer4_download.htm
Grekim/
/