[LAU] Account issues

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Thu Nov 20 20:39:22 UTC 2014

On Thu, 20 Nov 2014 14:32:53 -0500
Gene Heskett <gheskett at wdtv.com> wrote:
> On Thursday 20 November 2014 14:05:43 Ralf Mardorf did opine
> And Gene did reply:

> > > Is that something you can set in your prefs at google?  If so,
> > > some instructions for the rest of us would be appreciated.
> > > Thanks Ralf.
> >
> > No, it's a mailman option you can enable by the LAU options and any
> > other mailman mailing list. Since an "acknowledgement mail" isn't a
> > duplicate of the sent mail, gmail has got no reason to eliminate it.
> >
> > http://www.list.org/mailman-member/node24.html
> >
> > Hth,
> > Ralf
> >
> Do you get your subject line contents back, aka some method of
> identifying that particular mail?  It would take some "getting used
> to" but it should confirm that the mail at least got to the list.
>
> Thanks Ralf.
>
> Cheers, Gene Heskett

I don't know, but I guess you will get this information, you simply
should test it.

For some (perhaps for all mailing lists) it's possible to participate
using a newsreader. This might be an alternative, if the mailing list
using a MUA does cause issues.

Regards,
Ralf

PS: This thread is OT and I likely have given too many hints (have
written to much replies), so before I get banned, I stop contributing to
this thread. I didn't get a warning yet, but in the past I got a
warning.

And btw. "20 November: Problems at Yahoo Mail" -
https://downdetector.com/status/yahoo-mail = rocketmail.
No ISP seems to knows how to do a good job :D.
I'm always switching between my rocketmail and alice account.