[LAU] soundfont question

Michael Reid newtrance21 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 23 07:03:53 UTC 2014

This is the first time posting to the mailing list, I appreciate any help that is given. I have a 2 soundcard configuration: An SB live and Gina from Echo audio. The Gina only provides audio, which is the main card I wish to use for routing my audio signals. The other card is an SB live intended for using the midi interface (MPU 401 or something to that effect), and to load a soundfont into the cards internal synthesizer. My question is, how do I use the SB live's soundfont synthesizer capabilities and route it to the Gina for audio playback. I'm using Jack and do not know how to do this. I'm wondering if it is even possible. I do not want to use the SB live's audio output jack just to hear the soundfont I loaded. I would like the Gina to handle all audio connections. Thank you again and I appreciate any help with this issue. Let me know if more information is needed.