[LAU] soundfont question

Tim Goetze tim at quitte.de
Tue Nov 25 06:09:03 UTC 2014

[Michael Reid]
>The other card is an SB live intended for using the midi interface
>(MPU 401 or something to that effect), and to load a soundfont into
>the cards internal synthesizer. My question is, how do I use the SB
>live's soundfont synthesizer capabilities and route it to the Gina
>for audio playback. I'm using Jack and do not know how to do this.

Connecting via S/PDIF should be the easiest way if the two cards
allow such connections and signal routing.

Alternatively, it may be possible to use the SB's mixer controls to
route the synth output to the SB's digital "capture" stream and use
that as a second input device within Jack.  You will get extra latency
on the synth output so for live playing this is not ideal at all.

Or you could use a software synth instead: the first thing I would try
in your place.

Cheers,
Tim