[LAU] Ideas - live gig streaming

Russell Hanaghan hanaghan.osaudio at gmail.com
Sun Nov 23 21:46:20 UTC 2014

Hey list!

So a local haunt I work at frequently doing any number of things, including sound, playing or sitting in for someone, maintenance, repairs, installs, etc. great little place in Placerville, CA.

I'm looking for input for these items directly (please go offline or start another thread if you want to talk about unrelated stuff);

Audio / video live streaming
- post mix audio to web interface with synced video.

-coverage of all in minimum of apps but some control over general mix (pgm) (master comp/EQ only if needed) and video basic adjust (contrast, luminance, phase, etc.

- network side bandwidth / bs quality ...min bandwidth / network management issues - MTU, adjust for max glitch less thruput.

Hoping to reach maybe 200 ppl via interwebs... Interactive chat - video return with possible audio availability.

As an aside, I'm starting a sound school at the premises in the new year. Guess what I'm gonna promote in the recording / PC sound management segment?! The ears prick up immediately in the circles I run in when I speak of totally NON reliance on proprietary ( spell - expensive ) OS and awesome audio apps!!

All ideas toward

Active examples would be awesome. Pls peeple... I don't want to be a jerk about

(on topic stuff - I'm prolly the last one who should speak ... Some of the stuff that comes up is just distracting for me personally. I come here for audio upon Linux info. Not lectures on how to behave or what my opinion should be! Hopefully, with as much tact intended as possible here, I speak not just for myself?)

I eagerly await technical
Ideas on this. Ty in advance. I'm really excited about this project and it's potential.

Cheers!

~ Russell