[LAU] multichannel interface recommendations?

Fabrizio Sciarra fabrizio.sciarra at b-k.it
Wed Apr 1 12:41:02 UTC 2015

I understand my answer doesn't fully apply to your request but, if of
any interest to you, I'm currently happily using a Mackie 820i mixer,
connected via firewire with jack and ffado.
It has only 3 mic inputs, alas.
It features 8 inputs and 2 outputs.
The use of firewire and tape outputs might result not immediate, or at
least it didn't to me, but can be arranged to supersede some input
channels or mix in the "control room" via some routing buttons but
loosing volume control.
If you can afford it I might suggest a wider 1220i.
Best regards
  Fabrizio