[LAU] Linux Audio Berlin user group

Sam Tuke samtuke at fsfe.org
Tue Apr 21 22:37:28 UTC 2015

Hi All,

On 21/04/15 15:07, Bruno Gola wrote:
> There were lot's of Berliners at LAC 2015 and after talking to some of
> them we thought it would be nice to start a linux audio user group here
> in Berlin.

Keen to hear who's interested and agree a date for our first meet :)

I've got the domain up and running, will put a more interesting front
page on there soon, and also get Mailman ready for the new discuss list
(as Bruno mentioned it's setup except for DNS).

On 21/04/15 16:54, Nils Gey wrote:
> that is very good to hear! On behalf of the "Open Source Audio Meeting
> Cologne" I wish you luck.

Great to hear from you Nils and thanks for your advice. No chance of
keeping it social as I'm a total misanthrope. Not really ;)

On 21/04/15 22:10, Harry van Haaren wrote:
> I'm visiting berlin from the 4th to the 11th - and being a Linux Audio
> head I'd love to meet you all (again) soon :) Of course if that
> doesn't suit for any reason, don't worry about it!

Brill :) Coming to do some audio-related project? Let's have an LA beer.

On 21/04/15 22:05, David Runge wrote:
> I'd be totally up for the Berlin group.

Happy to hear it -- will add you to the discussion list momentarily.

> Is it possible to create an
> additional mailing list on this server?

The new list actually already exists can also be subscribed to (here
http://linuxaudio.berlin/mailman/listinfo/discuss) but emails sent to it
aren't arriving just yet as I haven't had time to fix the DNS records,
as we mentioned. The list and a more useful website than the current
holding page will be up and running soon.

> C-base would be an awesome place I think! Let us know about what
> happens next!

I think C-Base is a good bet too (also as I'm a member).

If you've read this far and want to come, would Wednesday May 6th work
for you? That would mean Harry could attend the first meeting too.

Best,

Sam.