[LAU] Alsa setup question

Christopher Arndt chris at chrisarndt.de
Tue Apr 28 19:31:49 UTC 2015

Am 28.04.2015 um 20:55 schrieb Chris Caudle:
> [...], and if I start jack then pulse
> connects to jack instead of directly to the ALSA interface.

A way to that, which has been working very well on my system for the
past few years is described here in the Arch wiki:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/PulseAudio/Examples#The_new_way

(I have decreased the sleep time in the 'pulse-jack-pre-stop.sh' script
to 1 second, and it still works).

The only problem is that often Pulse clients, which are already running
when Jack starts and the Pulse redirection happens (e.g. video players
in the browser or similar), still output to the Pulse sink of the audio
interface (and are therefor silent). I then have to use pavucontrol or a
similar tool to switch their output to the Pule jack sink.

Chris