[LAU] Midish and Yoshimi issue

Will Godfrey willgodfrey at musically.me.uk
Sun Aug 16 15:20:25 UTC 2015

On Sun, 16 Aug 2015 16:04:28 +0200 (CEST)
"F. Silvain" <silvain at freeshell.de> wrote:

> Hey hey everyone,
> I've got problems connecting Midish to Yoshimi. Keyboards with and without
> active sensing from the mid 80s to the past year work fine. But when I try to
> connect Yoshimi from within Midish, I get no sound. LinuxSampler works though.
>
> The midish procedure
> dnew 4 "yoshimi" wo # Add Yoshimi to Midish device list
> onew "Yoshimi" {4 0} # name first channel Yoshimi
> Create a filter to route all events from my keyboard to Yoshimi.
>
> Typos aren't possible, since it's all done by Midish procedures and has been
> tested about 10 times.
>
> Does Yoshimi need any special MIDI input beyond noteon/noteoff perhaps?

No. This seems more like a connection issue.

Have you compiled yoshimi yourself, or are you getting it from a distro?

What's the version number - the latest is 1.3.5.2

I've not used Midish. Does it expect alsa or jack midi? If working from a
command line you can set yoshimi to match what you have.

yoshimi -a -A will set alsa for both midi and audio.

yoshimi -a -J -K will give you alsa midi and jack audio with the L & R outs
auto-connected.

yoshimi -? lists all the options.

--
Will J Godfrey