[LAU] Compiling dssi-vst-master: -lz missing

jonetsu at teksavvy.com jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Thu Aug 27 20:34:50 UTC 2015

On Thu, 27 Aug 2015 13:19:14 -0700 (PDT)
Len Ovens <len at ovenwerks.net> wrote:

> That is the one most people have trouble with, you search for the
> -dev package and get: libjack-dev. This wants to remove a pile of
> packages that depend on jackd2 because the above package is for
> jackd1. The package to install is: libjack-jackd2-dev

OK.  libjack-jackd2-dev was already installed.  So I installed
the :i386 counterpart. make clean; make and dssi/vst completed
compiling.

>> Now I'm a little bit weary about making the system non functional by
>> installing a package that could joyfully remove others.  It happened

> That is why there is a yes/no prompt in all the good installation
> tools. (ie. Not "Software center")

This is twice recently now that I'm stuck at the nice GUI.  Must be old
age.  Once with Calf, then with this colourful Linux Mint software
installer.  In any case I know better, so I should not be distracted by
those presentations ! :)

Cheers.