[LAU] Compiling dssi-vst-master: -lz missing

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Thu Aug 27 20:19:14 UTC 2015

On Thu, 27 Aug 2015, jonetsu at teksavvy.com wrote:

> Yes, it looks like it is dependant on a specific arch version.  In this
> case I installed the 32 dev package and it went OK ... Until it does
> not find -ljack.

That is the one most people have trouble with, you search for the -dev
package and get: libjack-dev. This wants to remove a pile of packages that
depend on jackd2 because the above package is for jackd1. The package to
install is: libjack-jackd2-dev

This is one place where the idea of splitting off the -dev part of a
package does not work well. Jackd and jackd2 should just depend on the
correct -dev package to begin with.

> Now I'm a little bit weary about making the system non functional by
> installing a package that could joyfully remove others.  It happened

That is why there is a yes/no prompt in all the good installation tools.
(ie. Not "Software center")

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net