[LAU] Yoshimi - Random Detune

Bob van der Poel bob at mellowood.ca
Thu Dec 3 16:39:47 UTC 2015

On Thu, Dec 3, 2015 at 1:48 AM, F. Silvain <silvain at freeshell.de> wrote:

> I'm wondering what use (if any) others have made of it, or even if anyone
>> has
>> recognised what it does!
>>
> I haven't used it in Yoshimi, but a few of my hardware synths have the
> same feature, which I've used a couple of times. In very small amounts it's
> very useful for emulating acoustic instruments, add some life to the sound
> and some almost chorussing between sustaining notes.

​If you have something like 2 pianos you can detune each one a few cents
and get something sounds like 2 pianos (no matter how good the tuner is,
he/she will never get them to be exactly the same).​

--
**** Listen to my FREE CD at http://www.mellowood.ca/music/cedars ****
EMAIL: bob at mellowood.ca
WWW:   http://www.mellowood.ca