[LAU] [slightly OT] Call for contribution to ACID december 2015

Christopher Arndt chris at chrisarndt.de
Fri Dec 18 17:55:48 UTC 2015

Am 18.12.2015 um 18:13 schrieb Louigi Verona:
> I think Festige has been replaced with Carla, I think you can run VSTs from Carla, but I am
> not entirely sure.

Yes, with the latest Carla version compiled from the git repo, you can
run Windows 32-bit and 64-bit VSTs. It even supports VST2 and VST3.

You ned to also compile the carla-bridge-win32 and carla-bridge-win64
executables and DLLs. KXStudio should have packages for them. If you're
using Arch, you can also use these AUR packages:

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/carla-git
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/carla-bridges-win32-git
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/carla-bridges-win64-git

But I do get quite a few xruns when using bridged plugins, even with a
RT kernel. Whereas, when I use native plugins, I can usually use a a 128
sample buffer without xruns, even with a cheap UCA-222 interface.

Chris