[LAU] which lau distro is more commandline friendly?

jonetsu at teksavvy.com jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Tue Dec 22 02:30:33 UTC 2015

On Mon, 21 Dec 2015 20:12:58 -0500 (EST)
Karen Lewellen <klewellen at shellworld.net> wrote:

> Or, does  one just run a keyboard command like Lyn <I think >
> provided?

If you are visually impaired, then perhaps you can also ask Aiyumi, who
posted here some time ago.  She is Japanese living in Brazil and is
using a Linux distribution to make music.  Her email, which can be
found in her messages here, is:  Aiyumi Moriya <aiyumi.br at gmail.com>

Her blog is at: http://aiyumi.warpstar.net/en/

http://aiyumi.warpstar.net/en/blog/how-i-started-using-linux/

http://aiyumi.warpstar.net/en/blog/adventures-with-a-new-computer/

She might add suggestions for visually impaired uses of a Linux distro
for music uses.

As for choosing a music-specific distro, I will do this for the first
time next year.  presently, I run an ordinary Linux Mint distro, no
special kernel, and it works find for making music.  So it could be
that the latency concerns are less when the machine is relatively
recent.  In this case an Intel i5-3570 CPU @ 3.40GHz with 16G of RAM.

Cheers.