[LAU] Muse sequencer using external keyboard ?

jonetsu at teksavvy.com jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Thu Jan 1 22:14:22 UTC 2015

On Thu, 1 Jan 2015 16:25:45 -0500
"jonetsu at teksavvy.com" <jonetsu at teksavvy.com> wrote:

>   Is it possible at all to use any regular MIDI external keyboard to
> input notes into the Muse sequencer ?  I have a fluidsynth flute sound
> loaded in Muse and it can play by dragging the mouse across the gui
> keyboard.  I have qjackctl and also launched a2j, but there's no Muse
> in sight to make a connection between a M-Audio keyboard and something
> in Muse.  Is Muse a sequencer that only works using a software pen to
> draw notes ?

The problem is in making the Muse internal connection between the
M-Audio keyboard the the Fluidsynth Muse player.  I now can the M-Audio
keyboard in Muse and the Fluidsynth with the flute sound, but there's
no connection between them.

I also saw that there's quite a few hardware synths listed in Muse, so I
guess there IS HW MIDI synth support ! :-)