[LAU] Muse sequencer using external keyboard ?

Robert Jonsson spamatica at gmail.com
Thu Jan 1 22:59:34 UTC 2015

Hello again,

> On Thu, 1 Jan 2015 23:07:46 +0100
> Robert Jonsson <spamatica at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello !
>
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> > Normally input devices should appear automatically if they exist
> > prior to starting MusE, there might be some condition where this
> > isn't happening though.
> > Are you using qjackctl to make the connection?
> > MusE prefers if all connections are done from inside MusE, check out
> > the Midi and softsynth configuration dialog under MusE settings.
>
> As you can see from the attached screenshot (a bit fuzzy to save space)
> every component seems to be there.  There's a Fluidsynth with a flute
> sound, there's the M-Audio pro88.  Now, what's missing is to connect
> them together so it'll be possible to play (and record) the flute sound
> by pressing pro88 keys.

Thanks for the screenshot, I think that cleared it up.
The midi track you have created is set to output to the M Audio device, see
the Port column in the Arranger.
First change the midi track Port to the Fluidsynth device
then arm(record enable) the midi track, it's the red dot in the R column.
Now when you play the keyboard it should make sound.

I think I covered most of this in one of the midi tutorials (that are
getting old fast...) here:
http://muse-sequencer.org/index.php/Tutorials

> Also, I have any question.  I have seen that the Korg microStation
> synth that I have is listed in one of the Muse menus.  What
> functionality does this mean ?

It was a contribution from a user, the file seems to contain all patch
names and some midi controllers for this hardware synth.

Regards,
Robert