[LAU] [JACK] [NOOB] Networking on OSX / Reference?

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Sun Jan 4 22:17:06 UTC 2015

On Sun, Jan 4, 2015 at 4:12 PM, matthew AIDEKMAN <matt at estatesound.com>
wrote:

> ?
>
> *Is there any clear set of man pages or documentation I can follow?*  I
> can't find any complete reference for jack.  Anyway, I hope this is clear
> enough.  Sorry if I'm missing something stupid but I don't know where to go
> to educate myself.

Netjack is a JACK client and backend, but is not part of JACK itself. It is
poorly documented, and has a weak interface. Moreover, there are two
competing versions of Netjack which are mutually incompatible. Using it
between two instance of the same version of JACK on the same operating
system generally reduces problems.

The best guide to using netjack, and I say "best" with a large pinch of
salt, can be found in the JACK wiki.

    https://github.com/jackaudio/jackaudio.github.com/wiki

(linked on every page at jackaudio.org, in the top navigation menu)

Specifically, in your case:

https://github.com/jackaudio/jackaudio.github.com/wiki/WalkThrough_User_NetJack2

You need to understand that development of both versions of Netjack stopped
before anyone really added an easy-to-use, GUI-based method of configuring
and controlling it.