[LAU] [JACK] [NOOB] Networking on OSX / Reference?

matthew AIDEKMAN matt at estatesound.com
Sun Jan 4 21:16:23 UTC 2015

Hi all,

MY END GOAL: Send 10 channels between OSX computers using jack
(Reason ---> jack ---> home network ----> jack ----> max/msp)

BEST ATTEMPT:
Set the number of jackrouter channels in JackPilot (Can't find how to do
this via command line)
Start jack in the terminal
     SLAVE:  jack_load netadapter -i "-c -P10"   //starts jack
     MASTER: jack_load netmanager
     MASTER: jack_load audioadapter
Route stuff in qjackctrl

RESULT:
works but tons and tons of overruns, sounds horrible.  Can't configure
because I have to do it in the terminal and can't find any documentation
for the drivers.  Can't do it in qjackctl because netadapter and netmanager
don't pop up in the driver list.

What am I missing?

Hope this is clear enough.  Sorry if I'm missing something stupid but I
don't know where to go to educate myself.

-Matt