[LAU] CD printout for manufacturer

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Thu Jan 8 13:54:46 UTC 2015

On Thu, 8 Jan 2015, Peter Lutek wrote:

> yes, that all makes sense and is stuff i'm already aware of. what i'm
> wondering about is making more human-readable reports of the CD details,
> *besides* the file-pair required for burning. most CD manufacturers ask for
> this, and a lot of mastering software on other platforms have facilities to
> generate such things. to be sure, it's not a big deal to put it together by
> hand, from the CUE or TOC, but it just seems like one more thing which could
> (i.e. should?) be automated.  :)

I don't know of any apps that are already there, but this is what perl was
made for, parsing one file and creating another with just the details
required in a different format. I can't imagine any linux distro that does
not have perl already installed.

I know, not the answer you wanted, but the best I can think of.

> as an aside, i've always thought it's a bit silly that the manufacturers want
> something "pretty" to look at, since all the details are encoded on the
> burned CD anyways, but i guess sometimes they double-check these things...

Accounting folk can't read TOC?

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net