[LAU] Laptop soundcard

Peter O'Doherty kevinpeterodoherty at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 11:08:59 UTC 2015

Hi,

My laptop (running ubuntu) has the following (audio) specs. I know it's
probably subjective, but is this considered "good enough" for pro audio
work or should I invest in an external sound card? (Or for that matter a
better laptop?!) And if so, which soundcard is recommended?

Thanks a lot,
Peter

Memory: 3.8 GiB
Processor: Intel® Pentium(R) Dual CPU T3400 @ 2.16GHz × 2

00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) HD Audio
Controller (rev 03)
     Subsystem: Toshiba America Info Systems Device ff66
     Memory at d6700000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K]
     Capabilities: <access denied>
     Kernel driver in use: snd_hda_intel

00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) PCI Express
Port 1 (rev 03) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])