[LAU] Job - Germany - Multimedia hardware Technician with Company Vehicle

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Mon Jul 6 14:36:04 UTC 2015

Hi,

Just in case anyone is still interested and you haven't been scared off by
all the negativity emanating from the list, I have spoken with my contacts
and they have agreed that it's no problem to provide a company vehicle if
requested.

So, If you are looking for an interesting salaried job working with Linux
(audio) and audio/multimedia technology which also has the opportunity for
driving around Germany to interesting locations with the option of a
company vehicle which comes highly recommended by a long time LAU/LAD
contributor then this may just be the one for you.

I'm not sure there is much more that can be said in public on this list
but feel free to keep flinging ideas my way.  Do you need coffee and
cigarettes too or donuts and sausages?  IIUC Germans like to boil your
sausages right? Maybe we can include a portable broiler in the vehicle for
times when you need a quick break? Or maybe we should have an allowance
for monthly beer expenses. I here that you Germans are fond of beer. So
driving the company car at high speed on the autobahn while drinking
copious amounts of free beer and eating boiled sausages should be a pretty
tempting deal right?

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd

On Mon, July 6, 2015 11:39 pm, Patrick Shirkey wrote:

> On Mon, July 6, 2015 8:42 pm, Felix Homann wrote:
>>>
>>> It seems like you are implying that German members of LAU don't want to
>>> go
>>> to the effort of sending a private email to find out more information.
>>> They want it all to be presented in entirety on a public list.
>>
>> I just take notice of the fact that - as you reported - German members
>> of LAU quite obviously don't want to go
>> to the effort of sending a private email to find out more information.
>>
>> I'm offering you some insight into German employee thinking to
>> identify flaws in your offer that might help you understand why.
>> You don't seem to be interested in this information, though, and
>> rather choose to be a bit huffy ;-)
>>
>> Maybe it's a matter of alleged German efficiency to not react on
>> obscure job offers unless you desperately need a job ;-)
>>

> Apparently it's something to do with one or all of these three main
> reasons.
>
> 1: Some Germans on this list aren't interested in new jobs for themselves
> or their friends
> 2: The information is not efficient enough for some people
> 3: Some members don't like my personality so don't want to take it any
> further
>
> I estimate that leaves approximately 200 or so Germans or people who live
> in Germany on the list who have not voiced an opinion. I think there is a
> fair chance that at least one of them will be suitable for the role or
> know someone who is. If only 5 of them are genuinely interested that would
> be a pretty good selection to choose from.
>

> --
> Patrick Shirkey
> Boost Hardware Ltd

Patrick Shirkey