[LAU] How to disable Ardour's phone home option?

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Mon Jul 13 12:33:30 UTC 2015

On Monday 13 July 2015 07:57:13 Paul Davis wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 13, 2015 at 7:27 AM, Bent Bisballe Nyeng <deva at aasimon.org>
wrote:
> >> How can phone home be disabled? Is recompiling needed? Perhaps
> >> there's also an option by the preferences I missed.
>
> It is a compile-time-only configuration parameter. It cannot be
> disabled at runtime if it was compiled into the program.

I wonder what "genius" thought that was a good idea?

If there is anything someone who works on linux/foss code should learn,
its that this is NOT winderz, and we DO value our privacy.  I think we
can hold the funeral dirge for ardour right about now, because as long
as its packaged with that enabled, it is not going to be installed here.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)