[LAU] [ANN] setBfree v0.8 - soon 0.8.1

Robin Gareus robin at gareus.org
Thu Jun 18 01:26:27 UTC 2015

On 06/18/2015 01:13 AM, Christopher Arndt wrote:
> Am 17.06.2015 um 21:45 schrieb Robin Gareus:
>> Thanks to Edgar Aichinger and FalkTX setBfree v0.8.0 was just packaged
>> for openSuse and KXStudio.
>
> I've just created an AUR package for Arch Linux users:
>
> https://aur4.archlinux.org/packages/setbfree-git/

Nice.

> This compiles directly from the latest git repo version.

Thank you very much for confirming this.

> The package version number is 0.8.0.8.g90e925d-1 because that
> corresponds to what "git describe --tags" spits out. I hope that is
> correct.

Yes it is. Current git-head is v0.8.0-8-g90e925d
it looks like you got very lucky with 0.8.0-8...

> I also hope that I got the dependencies right. If anything in
> depends is missing or not needed, let me know.

At a quick glance, it looks like you've missed cairo (for the standalone
leslie GUI) but that may be implicit via pango/pangocairo on Arch.

Is there a list of files that will be installed after compilation?

For comparison, the contents of the debian package is
http://paste.debian.net/236269/

The PKGBUILD looks just fine. Good job including the man-pages and
.desktop file. (There should really be a `make install-man`  target as
part of `make install`. Oh well, 0.9 will have that.)

> Until AUR4 becomes official on August 8th, you can also find the package
> here:
>
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/setbfree-git/

setBfree 0.8.0-8 goes live on 08/08! best don't touch the package :)

Cheers!
robin