[LAU] Cutting the USB cord :-)

Jonathan E. Brickman jeb at ponderworthy.com
Tue Mar 3 15:13:07 UTC 2015

I have been trying to strategize cutting the USB cord (right now, one USB, one Firewire...) for my portable synth on and off for a long time; I really don't like wearing out USB ports and cables !!!! Was just perusing some of the AoIP conversation and thinking...and then a thought was given, did a search, and found:

https://www.hifiberry.com/

So, at least in theory, for about $160 or so, I could get one of those and an RPi 2.0 starter kit, run netjack and qmidinet, and have a 96kHz wifi audio interface with MIDI...? Anyone see an obvious catch?

--
Jonathan E. Brickman | jeb at ponderworthy.com | (785)233-9977
Ponderworthy | http://ponderworthy.com