[LAU] Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 - reliable?

alexus / dotcommon dotcommon at autistici.org
Tue Mar 3 21:26:46 UTC 2015

On 2015-03-03 21:04, Jeremy Jongepier wrote:
> On 03/03/2015 10:00 PM, alexus / dotcommon wrote:
>>
>>> - Ubuntu lowlatency kernel
>>
>> does it has set CONFIG_HZ=1000 ?
>
> Yes but I get the idea that it's becoming more and more irrelevant
> these
> days as there are timers available with higher resolutions, like
> snd-hrtimer.

I think you should be right. Some people say that hardware timers (RTC,
HPET) seems to be still useful with applications that rely on ALSA
MIDI... But I am not sure if this is true...

I hope some audio "guru" here can help us clarifying this point...

Regards

--
al3xu5 / dotcommon

Support free software! Join FSF: http://www.fsf.org/jf?referrer=7535