[LAU] Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 - reliable?

Jeremy Jongepier jeremy at autostatic.com
Tue Mar 3 21:32:56 UTC 2015

On 03/03/2015 10:26 PM, alexus / dotcommon wrote:
> I think you should be right. Some people say that hardware timers (RTC,
> HPET) seems to be still useful with applications that rely on ALSA
> MIDI... But I am not sure if this is true...

Sequencers that use ALSA MIDI like Qtractor or Seq24 can also use the
snd-hrtimer timer. But it's still unclear to me if those sequencers
perform better when using the hardware timer or the snd-hrtimer kernel
module. I have a gut feeling snd-hrtimer yields better results as it has
a higher resolution (which could on the other hand result in more jitter).

Jeremy