[LAU] Ardour export question...

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Fri Mar 20 13:59:03 UTC 2015

On Fri, Mar 20, 2015 at 7:29 AM, Dale Kazakore Powell <dj_kaza at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> On 20/03/15 13:38, Len Ovens wrote:
>
>> That would be audacity
>>

> You're right, I'm being stupid. Too many programs beginning with the
> letter A for my tiny little brain to keep up with sometimes! (Especially in
> this heat but that's another, unrelated issue!) Feel like a fool now!!!
> Maybe when I'd not sweating buckets I might try and do some actually
> relevant tests.... But I suspect there is zero point as you guys have
> always proven to know your stuff in the past!
>
> I do still think a real-time export option for Ardour, to keep Jack
> working with clients unrelated to the project plus also giving you the
> ability to export through external effects/with external sources/real-time
> adjustments could be a good idea for an option if it could be made to work
> though.

it is trivial as a 2 step process. add new track, connect inputs to master
out, disconnect outputs. engage rec-enable. play session. you now have a
track containing a recording of the entire session. export it or do
whatever you wish with it.

we have extremely limited developer resources, and changing this into a
single-step process is not a high priority at present.