[LAU] Behringer and Linux

Fons Adriaensen fons at linuxaudio.org
Mon Mar 30 21:22:04 UTC 2015

On Mon, Mar 30, 2015 at 02:07:15PM -0700, Len Ovens wrote:

> I was looking at the X(R)18. Which acording to Sweetwater has 16 i/o
> but on the Behringer site says 18/18. I would hope the manufacture
> is the right one. Actually, the sweetwater site says 16 USB channels
> in one place and 18 io half a page away... so I can see both numbers
> at the same time. :P

just a quick remark on USB and Behringer. At my new workplace our
boss, in a fit of enlightment and for reasons only known to himself,
decided to buy a cheap Behringer mixer with a USB interface. Nobody
here needs it and it remained in its box for months.

Some week ago I had some spare time and decided to have a look at
it. Connected the USB to my Linux workstation and connected some
headphones to the mixer. Result: with all faders down and just
the HP volume turned up there was a high level 50/100 Hz in the
headphones. Removing the USB connection was enough to stop it.

I put the thing back in its carton box, and the box back into
the corner of the lab where I found it.

Ciao,

--
FA