[LAU] Ardour Version Question: 2 versus 3?

Brent Busby brent at village.keycorner.org
Mon May 4 21:45:00 UTC 2015

I switched from 2 to 3 after 3 had been out for awhile, but I found it
much more stable.  Ardour 2 used to segfaullt if I zoomed in and out of
the timeline too much, and it experienced unexplainable xruns that never
happened so much in any other program.  Everything got much more solid
when I went to v3.  Yes, it does use more memory, so I suppose there is
that.  I haven't tried v4 yet... so I can't really say about it.

+ Sr. UNIX Systems Admin +  banging on a million typewriters will
+ James Franck Institute +  Shakespeare.  Now, thanks to the Internet,
+ Materials Research Ctr +  we know this is not true." -Robert Wilensky