[LAU] Lenovo w540 with Impact Twin performance results

Robert Jonsson spamatica at gmail.com
Wed May 6 08:48:13 UTC 2015

Hi,

> Hi Gerald,
>
> Thanks.
> Actually I bought it after I read that Focusrite recommended it in this
> article about firewire chipsets.
> I didn't look what TC recommend but from what I knew the Impact Twin also
> utilizes the Dice chipset, so I thought I'd give it a try.
<..>
>> Congrats for your working system. Is the VIA Chipset recommended by TC
>> or where did you get the recommendation?
>> did you just buy the express card by luck?

Guys, please don't top post.. it gets very hard to keep the context
when replying.

As a second data point (also using Lenovo laptops) I have purchased
several cheap pccard firewire interfaces with unknown brands. I'm not
at home so I can't check the chipset (likely VIA) but they seem to
work stable in my environment. I'll try to remember filling in more
specifics when I get home.

Regards,
Robert