[LAU] Ardour Version Question: 2 versus 3?

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Fri May 8 08:46:00 UTC 2015

On Thu, 07 May 2015 20:53:03 -1000, david wrote:
>On 05/04/2015 11:41 PM, Chris Bungue wrote:
>> I know it' a little bit out of topic...

>>     Only very old PC monitors are slow enough for usage with the
>> Atari ST...
>>
>> you can use a normal TFT 4:3 monitor in hi-res mode  for the old
>> Atari St series. The Falcon run in every resolution with a TFT
>
>IIRC from my days when I sold Atari STs and Commodore Amigas - the
>ST's Monochrome ran a 110Hz refresh rate that made the image look as
>rock solid and steady as if someone had painted it on the wall?

Issues are caused by the horizontal refresh rate, but I might be
mistaken, monochrome might work with newer monitors too.

Vertical refresh rate 	72 Hz monochrome and 50 or 60 Hz colour.
Horizontal refresh rate 31.5 Khz 	 and 15.75 Khz.
Resolution              640 x 400        and 640 x 200 / 320 x 200

I replied too the list as a general information for Atari owners, but
please continue off-list.