[LAU] Jack ports

Fons Adriaensen fons at linuxaudio.org
Fri May 8 20:34:52 UTC 2015

On Fri, May 08, 2015 at 09:23:45PM +0100, Will Godfrey wrote:

> I seem to recall someone saying there is a limit to the number of ports jack
> can handle. What is the limit?

You can set the limit with the -p option, or in qjackctl's setup dialog.
No idea what the default is. I've used values like 2000 with no problems.

> For audio, would I be right in thinking L & R as far as jack is concerned are
> simply added to the total?

If you mean the 'system' ports, yes.

> What about MIDI, how many MIDI ports can jack handle?

AFAIK it doesn't matter if a port is MIDI or Audio.
AFAIK there is no limit to the number of connections.

Ciao,

--
FA