[LAU] Linux softsynths

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Fri Nov 20 11:59:07 UTC 2015

On 11/19/2015 09:07 PM, James Harkins wrote:

> ... did I overlook a really good softsynth package, or have I stumbled onto a gaping hole in the Linux audio ecosystem?

Hi James,

If you don't minding spending some $$$ you can purchase excellent native
VST synths from discoDSP (Discovery Pro and Vertigo are impressive),
Loomer (Aspect and Cumulus are cool), and from u-he (I'm currently
enamored with ACE and Hive).

Other free synths to consider include Helm, Tunefish, Obxd (falkTX's
port), and amSynth. I have no idea if they'll do what you want, but
they're pretty nice synths. The ALSA Modular Synth might do as well.

Best,

dp