[LAU] Mono tracks to mono or stereo bus ? And sampling rate

jonetsu at teksavvy.com jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Mon Nov 23 16:01:15 UTC 2015

On Mon, 23 Nov 2015 10:50:01 -0500
Joe Hartley <jh at brainiac.com> wrote:

> You may need to start a new session and import the tracks from the
> old session's interchange/<session_name>/audiofiles directory.

> If you import the old tracks to your region list, I believe Ardour
> will resample as needed.  I do everything at 48k because of my
> mixer/interface, and have pulled in tracks recorded at different
> rates with no issues.

Importing will defeat in general the purpose of higher quality because
the source material has less to start with.  Importing the rest of the
project and redoing the guitar and bass tracks, which is probably what
you meant, creates new sources with higher sampling points.

I will try the stereo bus for the mono guitar and bass tracks then.

I have tried a demo plugin that has 8 outputs.  In this case Ardour
will show (see attached) a 'spatial' round control to move the audio
around, at least left to right in stereo.  Once this control is there I
haven't found the way to remove it but moreover, now I would like to
use the same control on other regalar stereo tracks - is it possible ?