[LAU] Audio seeping into another track

jonetsu at teksavvy.com jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Mon Nov 23 17:39:34 UTC 2015

On Mon, 23 Nov 2015 12:32:58 -0500
Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote:

> This can be caused by the capture setting of your audio interface
> (typically with builtin Intel HDA audio chipsets). However, if it only
> affects certain tracks rather than creating an echo of the whole mix,
> then it is likely some routing inside of Ardour.

The interface is a M-Audio 1010LT.  Never seen this before in all the
years.  OTOH, this session is one of the most complex I have made so
far, having many buses for instrument categories, having many tracks
for a single instrument instead of re-recording an entire track as I
used to do before, a few MIDI tracks with synth plugins.  And planning
now to have post-fader (pre-effect) sends to another bus for quick
compare of the mix with and without effects. I do this session as if
there's no limit to what can be done and also as an experiment in
getting to know recording more thoroughly.