[LAU] Mono tracks to mono or stereo bus ? And sampling rate

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Tue Nov 24 15:34:38 UTC 2015

On Tue, Nov 24, 2015 at 10:20 AM, Felix Homann <linuxaudio at showlabor.de>
wrote:

> Here's a question that might help your understanding a bit:
>
> For a given set of samples, how many possible signals (waveforms) do exist
> that
> 1. are made up of sinusoids with frequencies up to the sample rate divided
> by two, and
> 2. pass through all the sample points?
>
> Answer: One.

That is excellent. It is also the missing piece in Monty's presentation.
Whenever he gets to that part, I know I always have the gut feeling "there
are any number of possible waveforms I could draw that satisfy those two
requirements". But the gut feeling is wrong, and the correct answer ("one")
is deeply significant. Thanks for making this so clear.