[LAU] ZynAddSubFX Usability Survey

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Fri Apr 29 15:37:25 UTC 2016

On Fri, Apr 29, 2016 at 11:24 AM, Mark D. McCurry <mark.d.mccurry at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Personally I use zyn almost exclusively in a standalone sense, but there
> is very clear demand for it in the context of a DAW plugin.
> While there might be some standalone synths out there which make use of
> multiple windows it seems to be very strongly discouraged to do so in
> the context of a plugin.
>

>From Apple's "Optimizing Audio Unit User Experience in Logic Studio"

"For even better user interface integration, custom Audio Unit Views should
refrain from using overlay windows and from opening sheets or auxiliary
windows other than for file browsing. All user interface elements should be
presented inside the root Audio Unit View by laying out its content
dynamically and resizing as necessary. The host window listens to size
change notifications and will adapt automatically."