[LAU] ZynAddSubFX Usability Survey

Neil C Smith neilcsmith.net at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 29 16:31:48 UTC 2016

On 29 April 2016 at 17:18, Will Godfrey <willgodfrey at musically.me.uk> wrote:
> Since the days of the Acorn Archimedes,

Ah, you're making me nostalgic! ;-)  Every desktop has been playing
catchup ever since.

> everything I use has had independent
> windows that can be placed where *I* want them, and instantly rolled up to just
> the title bar. From what I've observed I can work much faster than people using
> single panel programs with any degree of complexity.

Every decent UI toolkit these days should provide the ability to
undock / drag out window elements.  I actually disagree with the idea
of multiple windows by default, I just want to be able to drag out /
undock the elements that make sense *to me at a particular time* to be
in a separate window.  That isn't a Zyn-specific point - using
multiple monitors it's particularly annoying to be forced to use a
single window.

2c

Best wishes,

Neil

--
Neil C Smith
Artist : Technologist : Adviser

Digital Prisoners - interactive spaces and projections -
www.digitalprisoners.co.uk