[LAU] Sliders and knobs once again, was: Re: ZynAddSubFX Usability Survey

Neil C Smith neilcsmith.net at googlemail.com
Sat Apr 30 08:21:23 UTC 2016

On 30 Apr 2016 09:07, "Thorsten Wilms" <self at thorstenwilms.com> wrote:

> On 30.04.2016 02:34, Tim E. Real wrote:
>>
>> Wow, those are very nice.

Agreed! Really nice. I may have to take some inspiration.

> This variant here happened because of stubbornness in wanting both
maximum length for fine-grained value indication and numerical entry with
fewest clicks!

I use a different strategy in Praxis LIVE. A short single click anywhere in
the slider activates the numerical entry, whereas a drag or mouse release
after a certain threshold time is treated as a slider movement.

Best wishes,

Neil

Neil C Smith
Artist : Technologist : Adviser