[LAU] ZynAddSubFX Usability Survey

Christopher Arndt chris at chrisarndt.de
Sat Apr 30 21:07:07 UTC 2016

Am 28.04.2016 um 15:11 schrieb Mark McCurry:
> Here's a short survey on the topic:
>
> http://goo.gl/forms/st8xv3s2I9

A remark about question one:

"Are you willing to pay for the 3.0.0 UI rewrite when it is released?"

I truthfully and unashamedly answered this (the way it is worded) with
"No". I never buy software when it is new and only when I have the
opportunity to test it (or a demo version which isn't too crippled) with
my rig for a sufficient amount of time.

Then again, I prefer hardware synths anyway and bought only a couple of
synth plugins (for windows), which I seldom use.

I would pay for a Linux LV2 or standalone synth that sounds great, only
has a very limited but powerful set of subtractive synth features, a
good controller matrix, a great UI, and is fully controllable via MIDI
and OSC with a configurable mapping (via the LV2 host or directly, I
don't care), including bank and patch changes and tempo sync. Something
similar to TAL U-NO-LX but not neccessarily a clone of an existing
(hardware) synth.

Chris