[LAU] Fwd: JACK and gstreamer

Neil C Smith neil at neilcsmith.net
Tue Aug 23 15:04:43 UTC 2016

On 23 August 2016 at 15:52, Mac <ussndmac at charter.net> wrote:
> I think, in the past (ubuntu pre-16.04) there were settings musicaudiosink
> and audiosink that could specify which JACK sink was to be used by
> gstreamer.
>
> This changed the default behavior of gstreamer which was to connect to the
> first 2 sinks in JACK.
>
> I think, this was the way it was in 0.1 gstreamer.
>
> I've been able to find nothing discussing this for gstreamer 1 or for ubuntu
> 16.04.

Are you sure that wasn't using JACK via PulseAudio?  What are you
using GStreamer from?

AFAIK, settings in GStreamer for defining the ports that the
JackAudioSink connects to are new - you can set the port-pattern
property.

https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gst-plugins-good-plugins/html/gst-plugins-good-plugins-jackaudiosink.html

Best wishes,

Neil

--
Neil C Smith
Artist : Technologist : Adviser

Digital Prisoners - interactive spaces and projections -
www.digitalprisoners.co.uk