[LAU] Fwd: JACK and gstreamer

Mac ussndmac at charter.net
Tue Aug 23 17:31:28 UTC 2016

The patch bay is fine for a "session tool" like Ardour.

But with something like a media player gstreamer disconnects and reconnects
for every piece of media. So for instance in Clementine, a new client is
started every time a new song starts and the client that played the
previous song goes away.

I suppose it has to do with the pipeline architecture of gstreamer.

It may well be that what I remember was gstreamer using pulse and having
pulse permanently connected in patchbay to where I wanted.