[LAU] Audio interface for newbies ?

Michael Jarosch riotsound at riotmusic.de
Sat Aug 27 11:07:28 UTC 2016

Am Samstag, den 27.08.2016, 03:43 -0700 schrieb Tracey:

> We may have to buy a decent multi-channel usb sound card,
> because of the lack of the pci bus on new motherboards.

There are still new mobos with chipsets that support PCI classic
(without bridging it over PCIe), but you have to take AMD-based ones. I
know, Intel offers more power, but you can at least use your old
hardware. I hope Zen will support classic PCI, too.

I want to use my RME PCI card (HDSP 9652) as long as I can, because I
haven't used anything safe like this, ever. Keep my fingers crossed
that I can upgrade my system for some more years...

Greets!
Mitsch