[LAU] Bluetooth Latency

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Wed Dec 28 16:15:38 UTC 2016

On Tue, 27 Dec 2016, David Jones wrote:

> On Dec 27, 2016 14:06, Bob van der Poel <bob at mellowood.ca> wrote:

>> - Bluetooth works with jack?

Wrong question... does Bluetooth work with ALSA is the right question. BT
does work with Pulse... which would mean a bridge and possible audio
oddities in the headphones, but the jack audio would not be affected.

> Don't know about JACK and Bluetooth, but does your audio interface offer
> hardware monitoring? My cheap (but not as cheap as yours) Behringer
> UAC-202 does. It has a headphone out connector and a switch to set the
> headphone out to hardware monitor. Then you could just run a cable from
> headphone out to Bluetooth headphone base station and use the headphones
> paired with the base station. (I know, "base station" isn't the right
> phrase, but they're used to add wireless/BT headphones to existing
> stereo systems.)

That sounds like a great way of side stepping any questions about adaptors
or alsa support :) (also a better lower latency solution)

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net